Staging starts at home, my home!


Last Summer I became my own client. I'd been thinking about remodeling for awhile. Nothing is 'bad,' just dated and inefficient for the space. There's lots of  potential, fancy for old and uninteresting. So, I decided it was time to put my money where my mouth was. Making the right decisions, we'll get to enjoy the remodel before I put it on the market and get most of the investment back when we sell. My plan is to downsize when my girls are out of high school, in 2 to 3 years. In order to get top dollar and have less time on market, the house needs updating.

When it's your home, your money and a space you have to live in, it's a whole new enchilada! The term 'doctors make the worst patients' comes to mind. I have a new found respect for my client's and the decisions I ask them to make. When it's yours, it's hard to see the forest for the trees! But, it's coming together. I currently have cabinets but no counter tops. My basement washroom has become a makeshift kitchen and I understand the new hood piping never came in. They're sorry, but they can't find it. It'll be a couple weeks, the reorder has been back ordered.



Based on what sells a house fastest, I decided on the kitchen. It was a great space that was poorly executed. The more complete and functional the space the more buyers are likely to be interested and the more they will be willing to spend. The majority of buyers only see what you show them. With the right plan, I will encur the best return on investment and get to enjoy it until I sell!


Comments

Popular Posts